These little sugar pumpkins are not only adorable but edible for your pumpkin pies! The pantry is happy to have an entire pallet available for clients. Pumpkins are low in calories, fat free, saturated fat free, cholesterol free, sodium free, high in vitamin A and a good source of vitamin K!
Try this delicious recipe for pumpkin bread!
- 1 can pumpkin (15 ounce)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup yogurt, low-fat plain
- 1 1/2 cups flour (all purpose)
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup raisins (optional)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
1. In a large mixing bowl, beat together pumpkin, sugar, oil, and yogurt.
2. In a medium bowl, combine the flours, baking powder, soda, cinnamon, and salt; add to pumpkin mixture, stirring until just moistened.
3. Stir in raisins.
4. Pour into 2 greased 9x5x3 inch loaf pans and bake for about 1 hour.
5. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes; remove from pan and cool completely.