This past Wednesday, JFCS and Literacy Pittsburgh held the final IWP (Immigrant Workforce Program) meeting of 2020.
Over the past 10 weeks the participants created resumes, cover letters, and practiced their elevator pitches.
They learned gained more confidence and made new friends.
We hope that by taking what they learned, the job market will greet them with open arms!
Below are some of the wonderful things they shared with us as we wrapped up the final session:
- I remembered your advice. I used a lot of it (in my job interviews).
- It was a hard year but something good happened to us…this program.
- This program has far exceeded my expectations.
- We’re all in the same page. We are all in this together to learn and to share our experience to the group.
- I’ve lived many places in the U.S. Pittsburgh is my best experience. This program is a gift I give to me. My husband and kids respect my time.
- We made more friends and now have more contacts and information.
- We learned about passion (passion for a job and career) and to never give up.
- Thank you for your patience. Thank you for your quick responses always.
- I wish I had this program five years ago when I arrived.
- This program took me out of my comfort zone. And that was good.
- This program was effective and beneficial. It kickstarted my motivation. It was better than in person. We are all struggling for same goal.
- I feel alive!
- We all have a path to walk. You showed us a path.
- I never imagined how helpful this program would be.
- We need to thank ourselves too. We inspired each other to never give up.
- You asked me: Are you ready? When I said yes, you told me: you can do it!
Thank you to everyone who participated during these past 10 weeks and Literacy Pittsburgh!