Jewish Family & Children's Service of Pittsburgh

Share This Page

Immigration-Related Legal Services

If you need legal advice about an immigration-related legal matter, but cannot afford to hire an attorney, you can turn to JF&CS. JF&CS is officially recognized by the Board of Immigration Appeals (BIA) and Executive Office for Immigration Review (EOIR), and as such, our immigration attorneys and accredited representatives are able to provide such assistance free or at nominal fees, based on your income.

How We Help

  • Our immigration attorneys and accredited representatives can help you with applications or petitions, including adjustment of status, relative petition, visa extension, affidavit of support, affidavit of relationship, status inquiries, diversity visa lottery applications and more.
  • While we do not represent asylum cases, we can help those seeking asylum through referral to immigration attorneys who will provide help at no charge.
  • We can help represent people in removal proceedings to determine if relief is available, and help complete related applications.
  • We can provide information about taxes, including where to get free tax prep and how to file an application for an ITIN. Click here for more information.
  • We provide assistance for victims of human trafficking crimes and/or domestic violence.
  • We provide representation of unaccompanied minors who are abused, neglected or abandoned.


Immigration Policy Update: Deferred Action Information

On June 15, 2012, President Obama announced a new Department of Homeland Security policy which may allow some undocumented young people to apply for "deferred action."

Those who apply and are found eligible will receive something called deferred action for a period of two years -with the possibility of renewal - and will be eligible to apply for work authorization.

Click here to find out more information about deferred action.

Comprehensive Immigration Reform Update

To date, no legisltaion has been approved by Congress. If/when changes occur, we will be providing educational, outreach and informative sessions. TBA


Meet the People We Help

  • Pam* came to the United States on a fiancĂ©e visa, but after she married her husband and they had children, he became abusive. She wanted to leave him, but at the same time she hoped to become a U.S. citizen herself. Unfortunately, if she left her husband, her green card would become invalid.
    Download PDF
  • Amy* was planning to marry a citizen of New Zealand, and they planned on residing in the United States. She turned to JF&CS for help determining what actions they needed to take.
    Download PDF

*Name changed to protect client confidentiality.

Contact Information

Jamie Englert Accredited Representative
work 5743 Bartlett Street Pittsburgh, PA 15217
Contact Us

We're here to help. Call412.422.7200

Or Email Us