As a leader of workforce development in the Pittsburgh region, the mission of JFCS Career Development Center (CDC) is to help individuals of all abilities and backgrounds to become employed while also connecting employers to a skilled workforce.
The Employer Relations Specialist is responsible for the business development efforts of the CDC. This position requires a strong understanding of the Pittsburgh job market and workforce development. The Employer Relations Specialist will work with organizations to assess their talent needs, and design and implement strategies to develop meaningful employment initiatives with these organizations. The Employment Relations Specialist will facilitate job placements through identification of employer hiring needs and develop potential outplacement and other business contracts with local and national employers.
The Employer Relations Specialist is responsible for the coordination of monthly events including, but not limited to, career fairs, single employer interview events, networking events, external trainings, etc. This position will regularly collaborate with career consultants and assist clients with job development efforts.
- Bachelor’s degree. Masters preferred.
- Marketing, consulting, and field representative experience to generate new workforce partners.
- Proven track record with relevant examples of assignments and projects.
- Ability to develop and maintain meaningful relationships with businesses, nonprofits, service providers and other community based organizations.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proficient with social media usage for job searching.
- Seeking a candidate that is enthusiastic, creative, and out-going.
- Passion for helping individuals achieve independence through work.
- Able to function effectively independently as well as part of a team.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Pursue innovative talent acquisition and workforce development initiatives showcasing CDC programming.
- Develop and maintain solid employer relationships and remain knowledgeable of current and future employment related trends in the marketplace.
- Record keeping and data aggregation in order to best serve employers and job seekers.
- Engage businesses in a consultative process to assess their talent acquisition needs, create solutions, and follow-up to assess effectiveness of activities.
- Develop and cultivate relationships with business organizations, associations, and third party recruiters to disseminate CDC information and engage businesses.
- Identify collaborative training opportunities to ensure success of job seekers, as appropriate.
- Increase awareness and understanding of the CDC and sell its products and services.
- Work closely with organizations to help them understand the value of hiring and retaining CDC clients including populations such as mature workers, recent graduates, refugees and individuals with disabilities.
- Coordinate approximately 3-4 events each month including career fairs, single employer hiring events, networking opportunities and training events.
- Collaborate with career consultants to best meet the needs of JFCS Career Development Center clients (job seekers and employers).
Please email cover letter and resume to email@example.com with “Employer Relations Specialist” in the subject line.
ABOUT JEWISH FAMILY AND COMMUNITY SERVICES (JFCS)
The professional staff at JFCS is dedicated to helping people successfully cope with life’s changes and challenges. JFCS helps thousands of people every year, through career, geriatric, counseling, refugee and immigrant, guardian, scholarship, food pantry and critical need services. JFCS strives to create a caring and respectful environment sensitive to the need for human dignity, privacy and diversity of those served by the agency.