JFCS Career Development Center: Employer Relations and Event Planner (P/T)
The Employer Relations Coordinator is responsible for coordination of monthly events including, but not limited to: career fairs, single employer interview events, networking events, external trainings, etc. This individual will also be working with JFCS Career Development Center leadership to coordinate other company needs including, but not limited to: outplacement, spousal relocation programs, etc.
This position may require client interaction as needed by the career consultants.
- Background in event planning
- Proven track record with relevant examples of assignments and projects.
- Ability to develop and maintain meaningful relationships with businesses and organizations.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proficient with social media usage for job searching.
- Enthusiastic, creative, and out-going.
- Passion for helping individuals achieve independence through work.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate approximately 3-4 events each month including career fairs, single employer hiring events, networking opportunities, and training events.
- Speak with job seekers to ensure that they have an understanding of upcoming events.
- Work with career consultants to best meet the needs of JFCS Career Development Center clients (job seekers and employers).
- Develop and maintain solid employer relationships and remain knowledgeable of current and future employment trends.
- Record keeping and data aggregation in order to best serve employers and job seekers.
About Jewish Family and Community Services (JFCS)
The professional staff at JFCS is dedicated to helping people successfully cope with life’s changes and challenges. JFCS helps thousands of people every year, through career, geriatric, counseling, refugee and immigrant, guardian, scholarship, food pantry and critical need services. JFCS strives to create a caring and respectful environment sensitive to the need for human dignity, privacy and diversity of those served by the agency.
About JFCS Career Development Center
The vision of JFCS Career Development Center is to develop a skilled workforce where all people have the opportunity to reach their employment potential in a thriving local economy. The mission of JFCS Career Development Center is to help individuals of all abilities and backgrounds to become employed by connecting employers and workers. The JFCS Career Development Center team works together as a unit assisting each client define career goals and develop a meaningful plan to reach their potential.
Please email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Employer Relations and Event Planner” in the subject line.
Jewish Family And Community Services (JFCS) of Pittsburgh is an EOE non-sectarian, non-profit human service agency providing social service, employment and psychological services to help people through life cycle transitions and crises. Visit www.jfcspgh.org to learn more.