The Squirrel Hill Food Pantry Coordinator is responsible for the smooth day to day operation of the program, ensuring that activities are conducted consistent with the mission of the Pantry: providing professional, culturally sensitive service to those in need of supplemental food and support services in the community. The Pantry Coordinator assists the Director in the implementation of the program and covers operations in the absence of the Director. As part of the Pantry staff, the Coordinator will participate in planning and evaluation as well as implementation of the program.
JFCS is known as a local leader in providing innovative and effective social service solutions to problems facing families and individuals of all ages and walks of life. Support ranges from counseling services, career services, guardianship services, immigration legal services, refugee and immigrant services, scholarship services and we run the Squirrel Hill Food Pantry. We offer support without regard to race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, place of birth, gender, sexual orientation, familial status, age, handicap or disability.
- Bachelor’s degree and relevant experience.
- Must be able to work well with diverse populations: ethnicity, age, economic, social and others.
- Experience in administration, program supervision or small business.
- Computer competency.
- Organized, resourceful and capable of working independently.
- Capability to adapt to changing work environment and client needs.
- Capability of interacting compassionately and yet firmly with people in difficult circumstances.
- Reliable vehicle and valid driver’s license.
- Willing and able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
- Willing and able to work a minimum of 1 Sunday a month and evenings when requested.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in planning and ordering of nutritionally appropriate food and dry good supplies for clients within the budgetary capacity of the program.
- Complete new client intakes and client recertification annually.
- Coordinates activities of the program assistants and interns in absence of Director.
- Coordinates volunteer scheduling, supervision, and training.
- Participate in planning, implementation, tracking, and evaluation of Pantry activities.
- Maintain client files- paper and electronic.
- Direct and participate in the pick-up and delivery of food & other items from various sources.
- Organize and stock food and other supplies.
- Coordinate food deliveries to seniors and others unable to directly come to the Pantry.
- Serve as a pantry ambassador and representative in the community, with volunteers, and with clients.
- Assist in preparation of reports for internal and external use.
- Participate in training and professional development activities including those which would result in increased responsiveness to the clients served and/or increased cultural awareness.
- Participate in fundraising activities.
- Serve as liaison to the Greater Pittsburgh Community Food Bank.
- Other duties as required.
Please email cover letter and resume to email@example.com with “Squirrel Hill Food Pantry Coordinator” in the subject line.