About Jewish Family and Community Services (JFCS) Pittsburgh
The professional staff at JFCS is dedicated to helping people successfully cope with life’s changes and challenges. JFCS helps thousands of people every year, through career, geriatric, counseling, refugee and immigrant, adoption and foster care, guardian, scholarship, food pantry and critical need services. JFCS strives to create a caring and respectful environment sensitive to the need for human dignity, privacy and diversity of those served by the agency.
JFCS is the lead agency of a five -agency partnership called Immigrant Services & Connections (ISAC). This position falls under the ISAC program. This individual will be responsible for intakes, individual assessments, coordination of services for high-needs refugee/immigrant populations with language and cultural barriers. Position connects clients to social service, medical, and government agencies (etc.), and linkages with interpretation assistance and English classes to promote long-term self-sufficiency. Responsible for entering information into program data system.
Bachelor’s Degree (or applicable experience) in social service, education or related field. (Master’s Degree a plus.) Proficiency in another language a plus. Experience with immigrant services, service coordination or other social service. Alert to cross-cultural differences in dealing with immigrant clients and to respond appropriately to clients’ needs. Excellent team player with organizational and communication skills. Comfort with utilizing interpretation. Experience with inputting data into data management systems. Maintaining valid PA driver’s license and insurance is a requirement.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Screen/meet with clients (using interpretation whenever necessary) to determine and assess gaps in service, English proficiency level, medical needs, social service and other needs, provide referrals, develop service coordination plans and track progress on a regular basis. Assure proper documentation.
- Develop individual plans, both short-term and long-term, to include, whenever possible, development of English proficiency as well as building competence in accessing services independently.
- Coordinate services and referrals with partner agencies, county human service providers, schools, healthcare and government entities, etc.
- Work, at times, in ISAC neighborhood drop-in sites.
- Work closely with navigators (bilingual community helpers) and interpreters.
- Take part in staff development and training opportunities.
- Collect and record program data both electronically and in paper files.
- Participate in delivery of training to external service providers and outreach to client/immigrant communities.
- Other duties as needed.
Please email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Service Coordinator” in the subject line.
Jewish Family and Community Services (JFCS) of Pittsburgh is an EOE non-sectarian, non-profit human service agency providing social service, employment and psychological services to help people through lifecycle transitions and crises. Visit www.jfcspgh.org to learn more.