The position provides on-site school consultations inside local schools and preschool centers to offer informed observations designed to help school administrators, teachers, families, and students achieve educational goals and meet the individual needs of the children.
Master’s Degree in Social Work, Professional Counseling, Education, or related field. BSC experience recommended, BCBA certification preferred. Training in applied behavioral analysis preferred. Must have previous experience working with youth with behavioral needs and implementing behavioral interventions and strategies in real life settings. Must have cultural sensitivity to the population served by the agency.
Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with co-workers, family members, supervisors, service providers, etc. Organized, resourceful, and capable of working independently. Willing to work occasional evenings and weekends as needed.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assisting teachers with proactive classroom management
- Collaborating with teachers on implementing positive behavior support techniques in the classroom
- Providing support to staff related to managing the needs of students who exhibit challenging behaviors
- Modeling positive behavior support techniques
- Collaborating with senior staff related to finding creative ways to meet the needs of teachers and their classrooms
- Making referrals as appropriate to outside services (BHRS, outpatient, evaluations, etc.)
- Meeting with parents as appropriate
- Providing training to staff as requested
- Assisting teachers in tracking behaviors and implementing token economy systems
- Encourages development and coordination with other teen and youth programs
Please email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “School Based Consultant” in the subject line.
Founded 81 years ago, JFCS was voted one of Pittsburgh’s best places to work for 10 years running. We are committed to helping people of all ages and backgrounds through life’s changes and challenges. We do this by providing comprehensive, innovative and compassionate social service programs for everyone who walks through our door and throughout the Greater Pittsburgh region.
JFCS Pittsburgh is an EOE non-sectarian, non-profit human service agency providing social service, employment and psychological services to help people through life cycle transitions and crises. Visit jfcspgh.org to learn more.