Refugee and Immigrant Service Administrator
2-4 years’ work experience in program oversight and administration.
Strong organization skills with ability to oversee multiple projects at one time.
Competency using IT systems, Excel, Google docs, and creating tracking systems and quality assurance reports.
Detail oriented with excellent written and communication skills.
Experience with diverse populations; work with refugee and immigrant clients a plus.
We are seeking an Administrator to ensure the smooth functioning of the Refugee & Immigrant Service department. This individual will perform administrative tasks associated with grant/program compliance. In addition, this individual will assist with development and maintenance of client and program tracking systems, streamline and optimize operation policies, provide technical assistance to ensure compliance with grant requirements, and serve as site supervisor for interns and AmeriCorps members. This position will provide the opportunity to grow your skills, advance your career, and gain experience in refugee resettlement and immigrant services. By joining our diverse and compassionate team, you will be contributing to addressing the global humanitarian crisis and serving refugees and immigrants in the region.
Duties and Responsibilities:
● Collects and analyzes moderately complex data for the timely preparation of reports and distributes to appropriate individuals within established timelines.
● Supports the director in creating systems to standardize components of operation, organizes physical and virtual information with the highest regard for confidentiality, organization, and timely retrieval of documents.
● Supports the director with keeping minutes and other relevant information from internal and external meetings.
● Assists the director with onboarding and training of new staff, interns, and Americorps.
● Serves as site supervisor for interns and AmeriCorps members and leads weekly check-ins.
● Aids the director with audits of current programs and grants by conducting ongoing quality assurance for grant
compliance through monitoring of case notes, documentation and files.
● Identifies improvement opportunities and establishes new processes when required.
● Assists with coordination of multiple grant-specific programs to ensure outcomes meet or exceed grant
● Supports the director coordinating the monitoring and oversight of subgrantee partners by reviewing, analyzing
and documenting contracted provider data entry.
● Serves as a liaison to the finance department, approves requests for payments, assists with drafts of budgets,
processes invoices for subcontracted staff, and manages the disbursement of cash assistance.
● Takes part in staff development and training opportunities.
Please email cover letter and resume to email@example.com with “Refugee and Immigrant Service Administrator” in the subject line. Visit www.jfcspgh.org to learn more.