Following the attack at Tree of Life*Or L’Simcha, Dor Hadash, and New Light on October 27th, JFCS committed to providing therapeutic support for all those impacted by the tragedy. We are expanding our team to meet the needs of victims, victims’ families, witnesses and community members in need of support.
JFCS (jfcspgh.org) is looking for a Psychotherapist to provide adult, child, family and group counseling, with a focus on trauma-related disorders. The position would involve providing psychotherapy, completing intake evaluations and treatment plans, assisting in the development of specialized training and staff development activities, and participating in case reviews and any department research activities.
- Undertakes child, adult, family and group counseling cases.
- Conducts intake evaluations for all assigned referrals, including administrative and interpreting diagnostic assessments that assist in formulating an appropriate diagnosis.
- Participates and presents cases for review and discussion with the clinic psychiatrist and/or other professional staff of the counseling department.
- Schedules and coordinates client referrals as warranted by individual client needs.
Training and Consultation
- Participates in the development of training seminars, workshops and tele-conferences for presentation to JFCS staff and other mental health professionals.
- Provides ongoing and specialized consultation, training and skill development activities for service providers as requested.
- Participates in training and development activities including those which would result in increased responsiveness to the clients served and/or increased cultural awareness and those suggested in supervision.
- Represents JFCS at professional meetings and conferences as assigned.
- Assists in the design and implementation of Counseling Department outcome assessment initiatives.
- Provides written progress notes for all client interactions.
- Provide documentation of treatment plans and treatment plan reviews, in accordance with the JFCS policy.
- Completes timesheets on a daily basis.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree in Social Work or Master’s degree in related field
- Must be licensed by the Commonwealth of PA
- Experience in a clinical setting treating children, adults and families for trauma-related disorders preferred
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally at all levels with co-workers, family members, supervisors and other service providers
- Must have cultural sensitivity to the populations served by the agency
Please email cover letter and resume to email@example.com with “Psychotherapist” in the subject line.
Founded 81 years ago, JFCS was voted one of Pittsburgh’s best places to work for 10 years running. We are committed to helping people of all ages and backgrounds through life’s changes and challenges. We do this by providing comprehensive, innovative and compassionate social service programs for everyone who walks through our door and throughout the Greater Pittsburgh region.
JFCS Pittsburgh is an EOE non-sectarian, non-profit human service agency providing social service, employment and psychological services to help people through life cycle transitions and crises. Visit jfcspgh.org to learn more.