JFCS is looking for a Janitor to work across two of our facilities. The individual will perform a variety of maintenance and cleaning tasks to keep the buildings looking perfect. To work well in this role this individual must have experience (2+ years) in cleaning and other janitorial work. Knowledge of basic maintenance around building repairs is a plus. JFCS strives to create a caring and respectful environment sensitive to the need for human dignity, privacy and diversity of those served by the agency.
JFCS is known as a local leader in providing innovative and effective social service solutions to problems facing families and individuals of all ages and walks of life. Support ranges from counseling services, career services, guardianship services, immigration legal services, refugee and immigrant services, scholarship services and we run the Squirrel Hill Food Pantry. We offer support without regard to race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, place of birth, gender, sexual orientation, familial status, age, handicap or disability.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Handle cleaning and other janitorial work.
- Ability to manage work time efficiently.
- Work independently when supervisors are not present.
- Able to use basic cleaning equipment and work safely with a variety of cleaning supplies.
- Ability to lift at least 25 pounds.
- Experience performing routine maintenance is a plus.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- General cleaning of the buildings and keeping them maintained and in good condition.
- Vacuum carpet; sweep and mop hard floor surfaces (i.e., lobby, foyer, stairwells, restrooms, kitchen).
- Clean restrooms and kitchen daily.
- Collect and dispose of trash from offices daily.
- Clean doors, door frames, light switches, walls and properly positioned furniture in offices.
- Set-up conference rooms for meetings.
- Clean tables, dust/wipe chairs, vacuum carpet, properly positioned furniture and chairs in conference rooms.
- Dust and clean accessible fixtures and office furniture including file cabinets, desks, credenzas, counter tops, display units, window sills, etc.
- Clean up spills when appropriate.
- Complete all tasks in a timely manner with minimal supervision.
- Notify supervisors or managers of major repairs.
- Participates in staff development and training opportunities as directed.
- Culturally sensitive and responsive to cultural characteristics of the clients.
- Perform minor routine maintenance as needed.
- Ensure doors are locked after hours (if last person in building).
- Responsible for monitoring the maintenance for the agency’s van (driver’s license required).
- Other duties as necessary.
Please email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Janitor” in the subject line.