Intake Coordinator (JFCS Immigration Legal Services)
Provides assistance and information to individuals who are seeking help by completing intakes, making referrals to other service providers and by working closely with legal staff to help foreign born clients receive the information needed to reach their immigration goals.
JFCS is known as a local leader in providing innovative and effective social service solutions to problems facing families and individuals of all ages and walks of life. Support ranges from counseling services, career services, guardianship services, immigration legal services, refugee and immigrant services, scholarship services and we run the Squirrel Hill Food Pantry. We offer support without regard to race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, place of birth, gender, sexual orientation, familial status, age, handicap or disability.
Two years’ experience working with immigrants or in the legal field preferred. Bilingual applicants given preference. Excellent organizational, written and communication skills required. Applicants should be customer service oriented with a pleasant demeanor. The ability to manage multiple tasks at one time while maintaining composure and a sense of humor is absolutely necessary.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Answer telephone and respond to inquiries from potential clients.
- Work closely with legal staff members to obtain answers to client questions and relay information back to the clients.
- Make referrals to other service providers as appropriate.
- Process incoming mail and assist with outgoing mail as necessary.
- Participate in staff development and training opportunities provided by JFCS in order to promote professional growth and development as well as stay abreast of best practices.
- Be alert to cross-cultural interference in dealing with clients and behave in a culturally sensitive manner to respond appropriately to the cultural characteristics of clients.
- Enter and submit timesheets in a timely manner (weekly).
- Attend all Immigration department meetings and other meetings as required.
- Assume other responsibilities as assigned.
Please email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Intake Coordinator” in the subject line.