As a leader of workforce development in the Pittsburgh region, the mission of JFCS Career Development Center (CDC) is to help individuals of all abilities and backgrounds to become employed while also connecting employers to a skilled workforce.
The Employer Relations Specialist assesses the workforce needs of our clients and generates employment opportunities that mirror client interest and skills. The Employer Relations Specialist will work with employers to assess their talent needs and implement strategies and pathways to introduce our clients to those employers.
The Employer Relations Specialist is responsible for the coordination of employer and volunteer events including, but not limited to, career fairs, single employer interview events, networking events, external trainings, etc. This position will regularly collaborate with career consultants and assist clients with job development efforts.
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant experience.
- Proven track record with relevant examples of assignments and projects in the generation of new workforce partners.
- Ability to develop and maintain meaningful relationships with businesses, nonprofits, service providers and other community-based organizations.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proficient with social media usage for job searching.
- Ability to advocate on behalf of job seekers and individuals of diverse backgrounds including mature workers, recent graduates, individuals with disabilities, immigrants/refugees, and those with limited English proficiency and understanding.
- Commitment to customer service environment and ability to work as part of a team.
- Seeking a candidate that is enthusiastic, creative, and out-going.
- Passion for helping individuals achieve independence through education, training, and work.
- Able to function effectively independently as well as part of a team.
- A willingness to learn and adapt the diverse needs of clients.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain solid employer relationships and remain knowledgeable of current and future employment related trends in the marketplace.
- Maintains accurate and up-to-date records of employers, employer contacts, correspondence, and event details in database management systems in order to best serve employers and job seekers.
- Engage businesses in a consultative process to assess their talent acquisition needs, create solutions, and follow-up to assess effectiveness of activities.
- Develop and cultivate relationships with business organizations, associations, and third-party recruiters to disseminate JFCS CDC information and engage businesses.
- Identify collaborative training opportunities to ensure success of job seekers, as appropriate.
- Coordinates all CDC volunteer engagement, including: recruiting, orienting, training, scheduling, and engaging volunteers. This includes active participation as part of JFCS’s coordinated volunteer efforts, Team Engage, as well as ensuring all volunteers have updated clearances and other required paperwork and are actively participating in one-on-one or group volunteer activities, as desired, for the benefit of both clients and the volunteers.
- Develop and oversee the JFCS CDC alumni group; including outreach and screening of potential steering group members as well as coordination with JFCS CDC staff persons working on this initiative to engage former clients within key local companies and organizations to cultivate further business and collaboration opportunities.
- Coordinate approximately 3-4 events each month including career fairs, single employer hiring events, networking opportunities and training events.
- Collaborate with career consultants to best meet the needs of JFCS Career Development Center clients (job seekers and employers).
- Other duties as assigned.
About Jewish Family and Community Services (JFCS) Pittsburgh
The professional staff at JFCS is dedicated to helping people successfully cope with life’s changes and challenges. JFCS helps thousands of people every year, through career, geriatric, counseling, refugee and immigrant, guardian, scholarship, food pantry and critical need services. JFCS strives to create a caring and respectful environment sensitive to the need for human dignity, privacy and diversity of those served by the agency.
Please email cover letter and resume to email@example.com with “Employer Relations Specialist” in the subject line.
Jewish Family and Community Services (JFCS) of Pittsburgh is an EOE non-sectarian, non-profit human service agency providing social service, employment and psychological services to help people through lifecycle transitions and crises. Visit www.jfcspgh.org to learn more.