Food Pantry Resource Specialist
Bachelors in Social Work or related Human Resources field. Experience providing case management services for multi-problem households is preferred. Must be able to work with a variety of social service systems. Demonstrated interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills. Ability to work both independently and collaboratively. Must be comfortable using technology tools such as spreadsheets and data base reporting.
The specialist is responsible for assisting clients facing multiple barriers to self-sufficiency. This includes identifying individuals and families in need of service, assessing needs in multiple areas, such as housing and food stability, vocational and educational goals, and social and emotional well-being. In addition, the specialist will help clients’ access available services and coordinate the provision of services between various providers. The specialist will also interact with clients of JFCS Squirrel Hill Food Pantry while assessing their needs for additional intervention and self-sufficiency services. Adaptability to a variety of cultures and the willingness to address a wide array of life challenges is essential for working with an already existing high-skilled, interdisciplinary team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify families with multiple needs through outreach efforts, telephone interviewing and home visits;
- Provide outreach through collaborative work with local congregations and community organizations;
- Respond to the needs of families through the provision of coordination, referral, and support services;
- Develop individual and family plans of action;
- Document progress of clients toward addressing needs;
- Meet regularly with clients in office, home and community settings to address needs and progress;
- Link clients to appropriate services at JFCS and other service providers;
- Work with other service providers to ensure all necessary resources are being provided;
- Attend inter-agency meetings on the clients’ behalf;
- Maintain up-to-date computer and written records to document needs, progress, and outcomes;
- Assist in development of program outcomes and other measures;
- Determine eligibility, complete intake and assessment for new clients for JFCS Community Food Pantry;
- Provide coverage of pantry services and food distribution efforts as needed;
- Complete other duties as assigned by supervisor.