Food Pantry Resource Specialist
Supervisor: Director of JFCS Squirrel Hill Food Pantry
Join our team and make the difference in the lives of our region’s most vulnerable community members. So many people across our region face multiple barriers and challenges to self sufficiency such as housing, food stability, vocational and educational goals, and social and emotional well-being.
As the Food Pantry Resource Specialist you will help people connect with resources, information and funding to help stabilize their future. In addition to assessing the needs of community members and connecting them with available services, the Food Pantry Resource Specialist coordinates the provision of services between various providers throughout our region.
The JFCS Squirrel Hill Food Pantry serves residents struggling with food insecurity living in 15217 and provides additional intervention and self-sufficiency services for residents across the Greater Pittsburgh area.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify families with multiple needs through outreach efforts, telephone interviewing and home visits
- Facilitate outreach and collaborative work with local faith groups and community organizations
- Respond to the needs of families by connecting clients to JFCS services, referring to other social services, and coordinating with providers to ensure all necessary resources are offered
- Develop individual and family plans of action
- Document progress of clients toward addressing needs and maintain up-to-date records to document needs, progress, and outcomes
- Meet regularly with clients in office, home and community settings to address needs and progress
- Link clients to appropriate services at JFCS and other service providers
- Attend interagency meetings on the clients’ behalf
- Assist in development of program outcomes and other measures
- Determine eligibility, complete intake and assessment for new JFCS Squirrel Hill Food Pantry clients
- Provide coverage of pantry services and food distribution efforts as needed
- Complete other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Bachelors in Social Work or related Human Resources field
- Experience providing case management services for multiproblem households is preferred
- Must be able to work with a variety of social service systems
- Must be comfortable using technology tools such as spreadsheets and database reporting
- Demonstrated interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a group
Please email cover letter and resume to email@example.com with “Food Pantry Resource Specialist” in the subject line.