Director of Refugee & Immigrant Services
Directs and supervises the provision of all immigrant and refugee resettlement services, including refugee resettlement, case management, vocational services, volunteer and peer support programs, and community collaborations. Responsible for research and development of funding opportunities, assisting with the writing of grants, development and oversight of budgets, and the monitoring of all grant activities. Represents JFCS and the needs and priorities of the immigrant and refugee community through advocacy and the organizing of initiatives, new programs and collaborations. Responsible for representing JFCS both internally and in the external community as an expert in the needs and priorities of the refugee and immigrant community as well as acting as JFCS’s liaison to task forces, committees and other organizing bodies regionally and nationally. Must be alert to cross-cultural biases in dealing with clients and have a deep understanding and commitment to addressing cultural differences and developing strategies for inclusivity in the provision of client services.
JFCS is known as a local leader in providing innovative and effective social service solutions to problems facing families and individuals of all ages and walks of life. Support ranges from counseling services, career services, guardianship services, immigration legal services, refugee and immigrant services, scholarship services and we run the Squirrel Hill Food Pantry. We offer support without regard to race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, place of birth, gender, sexual orientation, familial status, age, handicap or disability.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree, Master’s preferred.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working in nonprofit administration with exposure to working with immigrants and/or refugees.
- Must have excellent leadership, program and grant oversight, organization and communication skills.
- Personal qualities of a successful candidate would include creativity, curiosity, a focus on life-long learning, kindness, insightfulness, strategic thinking, a passion for justice and a calm and positive attitude.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Hires, provides for supervision, and sets the tone for the team, by demonstrating encouragement, openness, clear communication, self-care, and accountability for the highest of standards in the provision of client services.
- Develops and implements processes and procedures for the provision of case management, volunteer programs, peer support groups, service coordination and vocational services for all clients.
- Addresses urgent client and service provider issues, and advocates for change at systems level.
- Develops, assists with writing and oversees foundation, state, local and federal contracts.
- Ensures implementation and compliance related to grants, services and contracts.
- Oversees the preparation of reports for contracts with the ultimate responsibility for submitting all data with accuracy and an attention to detail.
- Represents Refugee & Immigrant Services within JFCS and in the external community.
- Acts as a liaison with advisory councils, tasks forces, and advocacy organizations by actively collaborating with other agencies in the field.
- Stays abreast of issues and developments concerning refugees and immigrants.
- Participates in meetings and conferences regarding contracts.
- Convenes and leads weekly departmental staff meetings.
- Provides for the professional and personal development of all department staff specific to their position and career goals through annual performance appraisals. .
- Participate in all management meetings and activities of JFCS.
- Other duties as assigned.
Please email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Director of Refugee & Immigrant Services” in the subject line.