Following the attack at Tree of Life*Or L’Simcha, Dor Hadash, and New Light on October 27th, JFCS committed to providing therapeutic support for all those impacted by the tragedy. We are expanding our team to meet the needs of victims, victims’ families, witnesses and community members in need of support.
JFCS (jfcspgh.org) is looking for a Critical Needs Coordinator to assist victims and others affected by the Tree of Life tragedy. This includes identifying individuals and families in need of services, assessing needs in multiple areas of functioning, such as, psychological, vocational, housing, educational, and social. In addition the coordinator will help victims access available services and coordinate the provision of services between various providers.
- Community Outreach:
- Identify individuals and families who may be in need through collaborative work with community organizations
- Assess the concerns of individuals and families through outreach efforts, telephone interviewing and home visits
- Individualized Support:
- Respond to the needs of families through the provision of coordination, referral, and support services
- Develop individual and family plans of action
- Document progress of clients toward addressing needs
- Meet regularly with clients in office, home and community settings to address needs and progress
- Resource Management:
- Link clients to appropriate services at JFCS and other service providers
- Work with other service providers to ensure all necessary services are being offered
- Attend inter-agency meetings on the client’s behalf
- Internal Coordination:
- Keep appropriate records to document needs, progress, and outcomes
- Attend staff meetings and other meetings as needed
- Develop and maintain outcome measure that indicates success rate
- Participate in training and development activities including those which would result in increased responsiveness to the clients served and/or increased cultural awareness and those suggested in supervision
- Complete other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- MSW, licensed in the State of Pennsylvania (LSW or LCSW)
- Three years’ experience providing case management services
- Background in mental health services is preferred
- Must understand how the network of social service systems functions (e.g. childcare, health care, transportation, etc.) and be able to help families successfully navigate these systems
- Demonstrated interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Cultural sensitivity to the populations served by JFCS
Please email cover letter and resume to email@example.com with “Critical Needs Coordinator” in the subject line.
Founded 81 years ago, JFCS was voted one of Pittsburgh’s best places to work for 10 years running. We are committed to helping people of all ages and backgrounds through life’s changes and challenges. We do this by providing comprehensive, innovative and compassionate social service programs for everyone who walks through our door and throughout the Greater Pittsburgh region.
JFCS Pittsburgh is an EOE non-sectarian, non-profit human service agency providing social service, employment and psychological services to help people through life cycle transitions and crises. Visit jfcspgh.org to learn more.