JFCS is the lead agency of a six-agency partnership called Immigrant Services & Connections (ISAC). This position falls under the ISAC program. This individual will be responsible for providing case management to high needs clients primarily referred by ISAC service coordinators. Activities include intakes, individual assessments, creation and joint implementation of plan, with client participation, to achieve goals for vulnerable refugee/immigrant populations with language and cultural barriers. Position requires linkages to social service, medical, and government agencies (etc.), as well as to interpretation assistance and English classes to promote long-term self-sufficiency. Utilization of interpretation as appropriate.
Bachelor’s Degree (Master’s Degree preferred) in social service, education or related field. Proficiency in another language a plus. Experience with immigrant services, case management, service coordination or other social services. Alert to cross-cultural differences in dealing with vulnerable immigrant clients and to their unique needs. Excellent team player with organizational and communication skills. Comfort with inputting data into data management systems. Maintaining valid PA driver’s license and insurance is a requirement.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Identify clients in partnership with ISAC staff.
- Screen/meet with clients (using interpretation whenever necessary) to determine and assess gaps in service, English proficiency level, medical needs, social service and other needs, provide referrals, develop case management plans and track progress on a regular basis. Assure proper documentation.
- Develop individual plans, both short-term and long-term, to include, whenever possible, development of English proficiency as well as building competence in accessing services independently.
- Case management to support connection to services and referrals with partner agencies, county human service providers, schools, healthcare and government entities, etc.
- Work, at times, in ISAC neighborhood drop-in sites.
- Work closely with navigators (bilingual community helpers) and interpreters.
- Take part in staff development and training opportunities.
- Collect and record program data both electronically and in paper files.
- Participate in delivery of training to external service providers and outreach to client/immigrant communities.
- Other duties as needed.
Please email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Intensive Case Worker” in the subject line.
Founded 81 years ago, JFCS was voted one of Pittsburgh’s best places to work for 10 years running. We are committed to helping people of all ages and backgrounds through life’s changes and challenges. We do this by providing comprehensive, innovative and compassionate social service programs for everyone who walks through our door and throughout the Greater Pittsburgh region.
JFCS Pittsburgh is an EOE non-sectarian, non-profit human service agency providing social service, employment and psychological services to help people through lifecycle transitions and crises. Visit jfcspgh.org to learn more.