JFCS provides innovative and effective social service solutions to challenges facing families and individuals of all ages and walks of life. Support ranges from counseling services, career services, guardianship services, immigration legal services, refugee and immigrant services, scholarship services and the Squirrel Hill Food Pantry,
JFCS Refugee & Immigrant Services leads Immigrant Services & Connections (ISAC), a five agency partnership helping newcomers build their lives in the Greater Pittsburgh area by connecting immigrants to important resources, services and communities in Allegheny County and offering information & referrals, service coordination to assess needs and connect clients to a full range of community connections, and bilingual navigation.
Make an impact on the lives of new immigrants in our region. As Intensive Case Manager, you will be responsible for providing case management to high-needs clients referred by ISAC partners and help the most vulnerable of our community meet their life goals.
Work together with clients, complete intakes and individual assessments, and develop and implement individualized plans.
Connect clients with resources spanning social services, medical, and government agencies, as well as to interpretation assistance and English classes to promote long-term self-sufficiency.
- Bachelor’s Degree in social work, psychology or related field (MSW preferred)
- Minimum of three years case management experience
- Experience with immigrant services, case management, service coordination or other social services
- Alert to cross-cultural differences in dealing with vulnerable immigrant clients and to their unique needs
- Excellent team player with organizational and communication skills
- Comfort working together with interpreters
- Comfort with inputting data into data management systems
- Proficiency in a second language a plus
- Maintaining valid PA driver’s license and insurance (requirement)
Duties and Responsibilities
- Identify clients in partnership with ISAC staff
- Screen clients to determine and assess gaps in service, English proficiency level, medical needs, social service and other needs, provide referrals, develop case management plans and track progress on a regular basis. Assure proper documentation
- Develop individual plans, both short-term and long-term, to include, whenever possible, development of English proficiency as well as building competence in accessing services independently
- Case management to support connection to services and referrals with partner agencies, county human service providers, schools, healthcare and government entities, etc.
- Work, at times, in ISAC neighborhood drop-in sites around the Greater Pittsburgh area
- Work closely with navigators (bilingual community helpers) and interpreters.
- Take part in staff development and training opportunities
- Collect and record program data both electronically and in paper files
- Participate in delivery of training to external service providers and outreach to client/immigrant communities
- Other duties as needed
Please email cover letter and resume to email@example.com with “Intensive Case Manager” in the subject line.