Caregiver Services Outreach Specialist
Bachelors level coursework in social work or related field. Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and computer skills. Ability to communicate effectively and professionally at all levels with clients, family members, agency staff, supervisors and other service providers. Must have cultural sensitivity to the population served by the agency. Ability to promote Caregiver Connection Services to community. Customer Service and Sales experience a big plus.
Caregiver Connection is a service designed to match elderly and/or disabled clients with appropriate caregivers. The program is, primarily supported by fees for service. The Caregiver Services Outreach Specialist is responsible for building the business through the promotion of quality of services, being part of the team that provides direct support of Caregivers and clients, converting potential clients and supporting them as they become satisfied customers. This position works collaboratively with other staff members of the JFCS Seniors Department and other community services in ensuring that services are provided in a smooth and efficient manner.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leads outreach and promotion of Caregiver Connection to build a broader bases of customers.
- Maintains a high profile for Caregiver Connection in targeted communities.
- Works collaboratively with clinical director, marketing department, and other program and agency staff to create marketing plan.
- Assists with Interviewing and screening individuals applying for caregiver status in the Caregiver Connection registry, orienting them to agency policies and assessing their appropriateness for the program. Maintains contact with caregivers for potential matches.
- Assists with all trainings and orientations of caregivers.
- Discusses caregiving needs with clients and/or family members and attempts to match these individuals with appropriate caregivers.
- Responds to referrals in an efficient and timely manner that is responsive to the needs of consumers and their families.
- Assists consumers and caregivers with problem-solving a variety of issues related to the service (e.g. scheduling problems, conflicts with caregivers, etc.).
- Carries an after-hours pager for responding to caregiver and client needs in evenings and on weekends as part of rotation through program staff.
- Provides all other direct service functions as appropriate.
- Maintains necessary documentation for all consumers and caregivers and assists in all licensure needs.
- Ensures complete and accurate documentation by all Caregiver Connection staff and volunteers. This includes maintaining electronic and paper records in an organized fashion.
- Other duties as assigned.
Please email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Caregiver Services Outreach Specialist” in the subject line.
Jewish Family and Community Services (JFCS) of Pittsburgh is an EOE non-sectarian, non-profit human service agency providing social service, employment and psychological services to help people through lifecycle transitions and crises. Visit www.jfcspgh.org to learn more.