CAREER COUNSELOR FOR NEURODIVERSE POPULATIONS (F/T)
Join our team and help us make an impact on the lives of Pittsburgh residents.
JFCS is a local leader in providing innovative and effective social service solutions to challenges facing families and individuals in the Pittsburgh region. The work we do includes counseling, workforce development, guardianship, refugee and immigrant services. We also have a scholarship program and operate the Squirrel Hill Community Food Pantry.
We believe that when people with diverse experiences come together, problems can be solved.
As a part of the JFCS Career Development Center’s career counseling team, this position works to develop career pathways and long-term career goals for job seekers in Allegheny County who struggle with mental health challenges and/or are on the autism spectrum. This individual works with job seekers ensuring they have all the tools necessary to achieve their goal; whether their goal be higher education, employment or career advancement.
Experience working with individuals who have a mental health challenge or are on the autism spectrum. Passionate about helping individuals achieve independence through work. Applicants must have a strong background in mental health and working towards certification. An LCSW, LSW, Counseling degree is preferred.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Determine client eligibility for programming through JFCS Career Development Center
- Develop individualized career pathway plan with each client
- Ensure each client has high quality materials needed to conduct a successful job search
- Conduct individual career counseling sessions
- Help to develop and deliver workshops targeted towards unique populations
- Maintain contact with clients during job search and after placement to ensure job retention
- Participate in training and represents JFCS when working with partner organizations and funders
- Work closely with collaborating agencies and other JFCS departments
- Act as a liaison for JFCS and hold off-site office hours (post-Covid) to best serve job seekers and partner organizations including universities, other non and for-profits.
- Represent JFCS in the community, through community outreach, and public speaking
- Track and monitor programs in agency database system and other required formats
Please email cover letter and resume to email@example.com with “Career Counselor for Neurodiverse Populations” in the subject line.