The vision of JFCS Career Development Center is to develop a skilled workforce where all people have the opportunity to reach their employment potential in a thriving local economy. The mission of JFCS Career Development Center is to help individuals of all abilities and backgrounds to become employed by connecting employers and workers. The JFCS Career Development Center team works together as a unit assisting each client to define career goals and develop a meaningful plan to reach their potential.
This position works to develop career pathways and long-term career goals for job seekers in Allegheny County who struggle with mental health challenges and/or are on the autism spectrum. This individual works with job seekers ensuring they have all the tools necessary to achieve their goal; whether their goal be employment or career advancement.
Experience working with professionally oriented job seekers who have a mental health challenge or are on the autism spectrum. Passionate about helping individuals achieve independence through work. Applicants must have a LCSW, LSW, Counseling degree, or experience working with adults with mental health challenges and/or who are on the autism spectrum.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Determines client eligibility for programming through JFCS Career Development Center
- Develops individualized career pathway plan with each client
- Ensures each client has high quality resume and other materials needed to conduct a successful job search
- Conduct individual career counseling sessions
- Helps to develop and deliver special workshops targeted towards unique populations
- Maintains consistent contact with clients during job search and after placement to ensure job retention
- Participates in training and represents JFCS Career Development Center when working with partner organizations and funders
- Works closely with collaborating agencies and other JFCS staff
- Willingness to be a liaison with JFCS partners and hold off-site office hours as needed to best serve job seekers and partner organizations
- Represents JFCS Career Development Center and specific programs in the community, through community outreach, public speaking, and response to community needs and/or concerns
- Tracks and monitors programs in agency database system and other required formats deemed necessary by funders
- Other duties as assigned
Please email cover letter and resume to email@example.com with “Career Counselor for Jobseekers with Mental Health Challenges and/or on the Autism Spectrum” in the subject line.
JFCS is known as a local leader in providing innovative and effective social service solutions to problems facing families and individuals of all ages and walks of life. Support ranges from counseling services, career services, guardianship services, immigration legal services, refugee and immigrant services, scholarship services and we run the Squirrel Hill Food Pantry. We offer support without regard to race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, place of birth, gender, sexual orientation, familial status, age, handicap or disability.