Now Hiring: Accredited Representative or Entry Level Staff Immigration Attorney
Why you should apply
Every month immigrants and refugees arrive in Pittsburgh after coming to our country looking for safety and a new life of opportunity. They need legal help to carve a pathway to citizenship so that they can lend their skills and talents to make our community a richer and stronger place. An accredited representative or immigration attorney is key to helping new arrivals achieve these goals.
Two years’ experience working in immigration law. B.A. Degree preferred. Must be J.D. or Accredited Representative(or eligible to apply to become an Accredited Representative immediately). Excellent organizational skills required. Excellent written and communication skills required. Be alert to cross-cultural interference in dealing with clients and behave in a culturally sensitive manner. Ability to be sensitive to victims of trauma is essential. Bilingual candidates preferred.
Provides immigration assistance to individuals including consultations and representation before USCIS and EOIR. Candidates must have experience as an accredited representative, or as an immigration law student handling cases under the supervision of an attorney or experience practicing law as an attorney.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Represent clients by providing consultations, assistance completing forms and representation at USCIS interviews, as needed.
- Maintain client immigration files, both paper and electronic files to ensure they are complete and up-to-date.
- Work well as a part of a cohesive team and support colleagues while working to serve the best interests of clients.
- Assist interns, volunteers and AmeriCorps members as appropriate to complete their duties. Assist Supervisor/Director with the training and oversight of interns and volunteers.
- Participate in staff development and training opportunities provided by JFCS in order to maintain accredited representation or licensing status.
- Be alert to cross-cultural interference in dealing with clients and behave in a culturally sensitive manner in order to be able to respond appropriately to the cultural characteristics of the clients.
- Enter and submit timesheets on a weekly basis.
- Attend all Immigration department meetings and other meetings as required.
- Assume other responsibilities as assigned.
To Apply: visit https://jfcspgh.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=36