Join our team and help us make an impact on the lives of Pittsburgh residents.
As a key member of the fiscal team, this position will help support the CFO, fiscal administrators, and other non-profit organizations with financials and bookkeeping. The Accountant will work with leadership throughout the agency to develop budgeting related to current and proposed programming, annual cost reports and prepare required documents for audits. JFCS has received the Wishart Award for fiscal responsibility and this position will help us ensure that our organization remains fiscally strong and responsive to the needs of our community.
JFCS is known as a local leader in providing innovative and effective social service solutions to problems facing families and individuals of all ages and walks of life. Support ranges from counseling services, career services, guardianship services, immigration legal services, refugee and immigrant services, scholarship services and we run the Squirrel Hill Food Pantry. We offer support without regard to race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, place of birth, gender, sexual orientation, familial status, age, handicap or disability.
We believe that when people with diverse experiences come together, problems can be solved.
Experience in accounting, finance, budgeting, and auditing processes. Possess excellent organizational, communication, accounting, and internal control systems skills. Knowledge of Quickbooks and Abila/MIP accounting systems preferred.
- Prepare and report on agency financials both internally and with external organizations.
- Coordinate and work closely with outside auditors.
- Communicate agency financial information with relevant parties when appropriate.
- Assist with development and analysis of agency annual budget.
- Work closely with managers who require financial information for existing programs and new program development.
- Prepare, review, and audit general ledger, accounts payable, and accounts receivable functions.
Please email cover letter and resume to email@example.com with “Accountant” in the subject line.